[Fedora-packaging] Web Assets/JavaScript guideline drafts

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Jul 10 17:42:00 UTC 2013

On 10/07/13 18:34, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> Le Mer 10 juillet 2013 18:32, T.C. Hollingsworth a écrit :
>
>> And some guidelines for the other various shareable bits that aren't
>> JavaScript:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Patches/PackagingDrafts/Web_Assets
>
> You probably also need to expose (read-only) /usr/share/fonts for all the
> apps that rely on webfonts

That's mentioned in the Change Proposal where it says that assets/fonts
will be linked to /usr/share/fonts for that reason.

I do wonder if that will expose a conflict with the font packaging
guidelines though, as I believe they recommend only packaging a single
format while for web font use people usually want a whole bunch of
formats to support all the different browser variants?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/