[Fedora-packaging] Issue packaging python lib into RPM due to conflicting __init__.py

Braddock braddock at braddock.com
Wed Jul 10 20:15:42 UTC 2013

Thanks Michael, that provides some clarity.

I think I probably need to coordinate with the maintainer of the
python-backports-ssl_match_hostname package, because he is clobbering
the backports/__init__.py* namespace files we both need.  While I
could patch the __init__.py files to be identical, the compiled .pyc
files are never exactly the same.  They need to be factored out into a
separate package somehow.

My newbie question is how do I find the maintainer?  The RPM meta-data
only specifies "Fedora Project" as the maintainer.

- -braddock