[Fedora-packaging] Web Assets/JavaScript guideline drafts

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 02:08:30 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:
> On 10/07/13 18:34, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>> Le Mer 10 juillet 2013 18:32, T.C. Hollingsworth a écrit :>
>>> And some guidelines for the other various shareable bits that aren't
>>> JavaScript:
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Patches/PackagingDrafts/Web_Assets
>>
>> You probably also need to expose (read-only) /usr/share/fonts for all the
>> apps that rely on webfonts
>
> That's mentioned in the Change Proposal where it says that assets/fonts will
> be linked to /usr/share/fonts for that reason.

Indeed, but this does deserve a mention in the Guidelines themselves.
I've added a fonts section now:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Patches/PackagingDrafts/Web_Assets#Fonts

> I do wonder if that will expose a conflict with the font packaging
> guidelines though, as I believe they recommend only packaging a single
> format while for web font use people usually want a whole bunch of formats
> to support all the different browser variants?

That new section also contains some language that permits the separate
packaging of web fonts where necessary.  Does this address your
concerns?

Thanks for the feedback!
-T.C.