[Fedora-packaging] Web Assets/JavaScript guideline drafts

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 11:00:34 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 3:52 AM, T.C. Hollingsworth
<tchollingsworth at gmail.com> wrote:
> AIUI, Ruby wrappers to JS typically just bundle the JS, so when
> packaging for Fedora you'd want to unbundle the JS and point them to
> the system library.  (Node.js wrappers to pure-JS libraries like
> jQuery work the same way.)

One thing I forgot to mention, with these guidelines Fedora would join
Debian [1] in using /usr/share/javascript for this purpose, so perhaps
there is some hope of getting upstreams to support this as well.

-T.C.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Javascript/Policy