[Fedora-packaging] Web Assets/JavaScript guideline drafts

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 19:54:48 UTC 2013

After a brief discussion with Toshio on IRC I tweaked the "bundling"
section of the JS guidelines a little bit.  The bundled library
Virtual Provides namespace is no longer used in favor of a special
namespace for this purpose:
https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=User%3APatches%2FPackagingDrafts%2FJavaScript&diff=344702&oldid=344637

Additionally, I've implemented a %js_includes macro that automatically
adds the version of the library in the mock buildroot to the virtual
provides, so there will be no need to track versions manually.

I have also put together a preliminary web-assets SRPM that includes
the macros, filesystem, and httpd configuration:
http://patches.fedorapeople.org/web-assets/web-assets-1-1.fc19.src.rpm

-T.C.