[Fedora-packaging] Web Assets/JavaScript guideline drafts

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Jul 12 11:41:48 UTC 2013

Le Mer 10 juillet 2013 19:42, Tom Hughes a écrit :

> I do wonder if that will expose a conflict with the font packaging
> guidelines though, as I believe they recommend only packaging a single
> format while for web font use people usually want a whole bunch of
> formats to support all the different browser variants?

In practical terms every recent browser supports opentype natively. The
only exception are old IE versions but they will choke on an the HTML5
tricks webapps authors are fond of anyway.

http://caniuse.com/ttf

Pushing a gazillon different formats as webfonts is pure cargo culting
nowadays (the exception being non-free fonts but we don't ship those
anyway)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot