[Fedora-packaging] Naming policy for adding language translation packages

Parag N(पराग़) panemade at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 14:06:16 UTC 2013

Hi,
   I see that we are getting more and more translations packages in Fedora
and those can be installed now via yum-langpacks plugin. I found that these
packages are not following uniqueness in their naming. e.g. If I look into
Russian language translation packages then we have real fedora package
names as

tesseract-langpack-rus
kde-l10n-Russian
libreoffice-langpack-ru
childsplay-alphabet_sounds_ru

My suggestion is we should have some naming guidelines like use language
codes for language translation packages e.g. for Russian language your
package should end with "-ru" only.

We should have some uniqueness in package names.

Regards,
Parag.