[Fedora-packaging] Web Assets/JavaScript guideline drafts

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 20:39:33 UTC 2013

Hi Joe!

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 6:45 AM, Joe Orton <jorton at redhat.com> wrote:
> If we really must pollute the URL space with fixed common locations for
> shared assets then we should definitely not use a generic name like
> "/assets".  We should minimize interference with the URL space.
> "/.assets" "/.packaged-assets" "/_packaged_assets/" or something like
> that.

This came up on the devel list too.

How does "/_sysassets/" sound?  It's a lot shorter than
"/_packaged_assets/" while essentially conveying the same meaning.

It also doesn't conflict with anything known to Google:
https://www.google.com/search?q=inurl%3A%22_sysassets%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Thanks!
-T.C.