[Fedora-packaging] Doc packaging questions

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 02:49:44 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 11:00 PM, Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta at iki.fi> wrote:
> On 2013-07-23 23:19, Ville Skyttä wrote:
>> Anyway, exactly HOW to define it is my main question at the moment.
>
> Hm, if we define it in redhat-rpm-config where %{_docdir_fmt} is defined
> as well, we can just "duplicate" its value, no need to be that fancy, so:
>
> %_docdir_fmt %%{NAME}
> %pkgdocdir %{_docdir}/%{name}

Yeah, don't see why it matters now that it's just %{name}.  ;-)

> BTW thoughts if it should be %pkgdocdir or %_pkgdocdir?

+1 for the latter too.  All the other *dirs have the underscore, not
sure why but it's less confusing to stay consistent.  I left them in
the new directories in the Web Assets drafts [1] for the same reason.

-T.C.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Patches/PackagingDrafts/Web_Assets#RPM_Macros