[Fedora-packaging] rpm pre/post script order

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu May 2 17:38:31 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 12:26:47PM -0400, Paul Morgan wrote:
> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Farkas Levente <lfarkas at lfarkas.org> wrote:
> > hi,
> > after we carefully examine this wiki:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets?rd=Packaging/ScriptletSnippets#Scriptlet_Ordering
> > still don't understand how rpm works (or the wiki is wrong).
> -snip-
>
> it gets messy, especially since fedora and rhel behave differently:
> https://github.com/jumanjiman/rpm-scriptlets#purpose shows output of a
> similar experiment in which it depends on whether you use yum or rpm
> to upgrade the package.

The output listed there seems to show that you're testing something
different on F14 and EL5.

* The EL5 output is exactly as expected and all three tests output matches
* The EL5 output looks like you're only doing three steps whereas FC14
  has seven.
* The initial 3 steps of the rpm test on FC14 are as expected and match in
  output to the EL5 output.
* The FC14 steps with yum look like you already have an rpm newer package
  installed.  Looking at your demo.sh script, one possibility is that you
  aren't removing the rpm-scriptlets-ng package at the very beginning of
  testing.