[Fedora-packaging] SCL discussion at yesterday's meeting, easy stuff

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Tue Nov 5 13:30:57 UTC 2013

Jon Ciesla wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 6:29 AM, Marcela Mašláňová
> <mmaslano at redhat.com>wrote:
> > We need the installation inside the /opt directory because some
> > users are using it exactly as Bill mentioned.
> >
> > Isn't that exactly why we musn't touch anything inside /opt?

It seems reasonable to me that the Fedora project could be both an OS
provider and an add-on provider. In its add-on provider role Fedora
could register a provider name "fedora" with LANANA, and package SCLs
for installation under /opt/fedora/<scl_name>. (I see that "rh",
"rhat", "centos" and "suse" are already registered as provider names.)

Björn Persson