[Fedora-packaging] SCL in Fedora

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 18:02:21 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 05, 2013 at 01:18:12PM +0100, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:

> If I understand correctly you want to remove part of the name to make
> the name shorter. I disagree. The prefix marks packages as beeing
> part of a collection.

Yep.  And therefore the prefix doesn't change.in my proposal.

> Also what would happen if someone build it
> without prefix?

How do you do that?

(OTOH: this proposal is simply to address your complaint that the names are
ugly.  I'm okay with going forward with the ugly names if that's the
preference.  I'm just saying that if you wantto un-uglify the names, don't
look at shrinking the scl_prefix; look at shrinking the package name.  The
package name is where redundant information is being stored so it's the only
place that we can actually affect how ugly the name is.