[Fedora-packaging] SCL -- buildtime information

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Tue Oct 8 08:11:57 UTC 2013

On 10/07/2013 10:24 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> * Building to separate targets per scl.  For that model you can have
>    a separate branch per scl.  This is more or less the style that's being
>    used inside of RH.  However, in Fedora land this would mean that we need
>    to have seperate yum repos per scl, seperate bodhi updates targets, and some
>    way to add repo files to systems for each scl.

Separate dist-git branch yes.
Separate koji build target.
But why separate yum repo?
And why separate bodhi updates targets?

Koji build target (tag) and koji tag are different stuff.
You build into build target f19:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildtargetinfo?targetID=105
and the result is tagged into f19-updates-candidate
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taginfo?tagID=218

Similary you can create new build targets - let say - f19-scl-ruby193, f19-scl-php55...
and package build in this build targets will be tagged into f19-updates-candidate as well.

Or I understand it incorrectly?

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS
Red Hat, Software Engineer, #brno, #devexp, #fedora-buildsys