[Fedora-packaging] SCL -- buildtime information

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 13:24:35 UTC 2013

On Oct 8, 2013 6:11 AM, "Marcela Mašláňová" <mmaslano at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 10/07/2013 10:24 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>>

>> I had a chance to talk with dgilmore last week about building SCLs.  From
>> the conversation it seems that it will probably be harder to build SCLs
in
>> Fedora than it is inside of RH.  Here's the summary:
>>
>> There's two models that we can choose from:
>>
>> * Building to separate targets per scl.  For that model you can have
>>    a separate branch per scl.  This is more or less the style that's
being
>>    used inside of RH.  However, in Fedora land this would mean that we
need
>>    to have seperate yum repos per scl, seperate bodhi updates targets,
and some
>>    way to add repo files to systems for each scl.
>
> RHSCL has only one repo for more than one scls. Why would we need more
repos? Do you mean we would need one repo for Fedora and one for scls
because technical issues with creating one repo above all of those?

I believe dgilmore is under the impression there is a repo power scl.  If
there's a repo for all scls you might want to contact dgilmore with how
that's set up to see if that provides us with a solution.
as a Change. In this case it would be possible to build only in the latest
Fedora.

> We didn't speak about build once and run on more Fedoras. It did work in
some cases, but if packages depend on something, which changed a lot it's
safer to rebuild the whole scl stack.

Yeah, that's what I thought.  I'll let dgilmore know.  thanks.