[Fedora-packaging] How to properly install SWIG'ed mono-bindings?

Björn Esser bjoern.esser at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 06:02:02 UTC 2013

Hello list!

I'm currently working on packaging some software, which builds SWIG'ed
mono-bindings and along to this I have some questions not being answered
by the Mono-guidelines [1]:

  `make install` installs both into `/usr/lib/cli/%{name}.  Which is the
  proper location to install the build *.dll && *.so?  The one `make
  install` puts them? Shall they go into /usr/lib/%{name}?  Shall they
  be split between /usr/lib and %{_libdir}?  Do the both go into
  {_libdir}/name?

  Is the resulting *.dll to be registered / installed with gacutil?  Or
  is Mono 'smart' enough to pick that up without, if in proper location?

I hope someone here may know the answer.  :)

Cheers,
  Björn

[1]  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Mono