[Fedora-packaging] How to handle tests in %check

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 10:41:26 UTC 2013

On Thu, 5 Sep 2013 12:51:18 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> > On Thu, 05 Sep 2013 09:21:31 +0200, Miroslav Suchy wrote:
> >>
> >> Mamoru disagree. For me it is blocker.
> >> I would like to ask for your opinions. Which way is correct and should
> >> it be blocker for review?
> >
> > So far, it's not a blocker.
>
> But reviewers can always refuse to accept something they disagree
> with, step aside from the review, and wish the submitter good luck
> finding someone else to take over.

Well, both sides should be willing to compromise about how to continue.

The submitter cannot force the reviewer to approve the package. And the
reviewer cannot force the submitter to change something, because the
submitter may reply "no, thanks, then I prefer providing the package
in my personal repo".

Talking about approved packages, let's not forget packagers who
reintroduce mistakes (including disabling %check sections) some time
later. ;-)