[Fedora-packaging] SCL Notes and Questions

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Thu Sep 19 12:45:32 UTC 2013

> Converting Packages for SCL
> The resulting package should be buildable even without SCL

I Agree, only "should".
Especially as some packager could prefer to have a SCL specific spec
(there is no rule which imply to use the same spec in "all" branches.
Generic spec could be useful for some simple package, but sometime,
having too much conditional is really bad for readbility).

So, in

> Every SCL specfile must have %scl_package macro specified

Agree

> (like any other macro, it must be conditionalized). this:

Disagree: I prefer "should" (if I don't care of a generic spec)

Remi.