[Fedora-packaging] Is "Requires: X-debuginfo" allowed?

Jan Kaluža jkaluza at redhat.com
Mon Sep 30 12:10:08 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm author and maintainer of newly packaged package called httpdtap. It
uses SystemTap scripts to get some debug data from running httpd
webserver. To work correctly, it needs various debuginfo packages
(httpd-debuginfo, apr-debuginfo, ...) installed on the system.

I thought dependency on -debuginfo is not a problem, but after I built
this package for rawhide, I have started receiving emails about broken
dependencies.

My question is: Are -debuginfo dependencies allowed and if not, what to
do in my case when they are needed for the package to work (the package
is useless without httpd debuginfo packages installed)?

Regards,
Jan Kaluza