[Fedora-packaging] jquery-ui packaging for use in OpenStack-Dashboard

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Fri Aug 29 10:24:39 UTC 2014

On 29/08/14 10:26, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 10:00:56AM +0200, Matthias Runge wrote:
>> On 29/08/14 09:57, Matthias Runge wrote:
>>> Hey there,
>>>
>>> currently we're unbundling all used JavaScript libraries upstream in
>>> Horizon aka. OpenStack Dashboard.
>>>
>> Forgot to add the link to the review upstream:
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/113184/
>

> Have you consider making a jquery-ui1.10 compat package?

I was considering to use XStatic-* packages. XStatic provides a way to
package js-libs to be installable via pip, thus making it convenient for
upstream projects.

Using compat libs would result in a whole bunch of packages, one for
each versioned version.

I'm not saying, this is a bad idea in general, but I'd love to see a
more fashionable way.

Matthias