[Fedora-packaging] How to request exception for static linking?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Dec 3 20:05:52 UTC 2014

DJ> I'm working on that but it sounds like that's going to take a bit of
DJ> work and probably won't be included until a future version of clang
DJ> any ways.

Well, the problem is that the software you're packaging essentially
wants to use the internal components of clang.  Are those intended for
consumption by other programs?  It would seem not as they aren't shared
libs.  Is there some sort of API guarantee?  I would assume not, but
you're going to have to rebuild your package every time clang changes.
What will you do if it doesn't build because the API changes
incompatibly?

 - J<