[Fedora-packaging] Better example for multiple ownership of a directory

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 17:56:43 UTC 2014

On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 11:41:01 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> In:
>
>   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#The_directory_is_owned_by_a_package_which_is_not_required_for_your_package_to_function
>
> the current packaging guidelines include mention of
> /etc/bash_completion.d as an example of how to get multiple ownership of
> a directory correct.  The problem is that that directory is now part of
> the filesystem packages (and so shouldn't be multiply owned) and that's
> not even the correct location for bash completion files these days.
>
> I could just remove it, but I'd like to replace it with a more correct
> example.  Problem is, I can't think of one.  Anyone have a better
> directory to use to illustrate this?

$ yum info gtk-doc|tail -4
Description : gtk-doc is a tool for generating API reference documentation.
            : It is used for generating the documentation for GTK+, GLib
            : and GNOME.

$ repoquery --whatprovides /usr/share/gtk-doc|wc -l
175

$ repoquery --whatprovides /usr/share/gtk-doc|grep gtk-doc
gtk-doc-0:1.21-1.fc21.noarch
webkitgtk-doc-0:2.4.7-1.fc21.noarch

$ rpm -qf /usr/share/gtk-doc
harfbuzz-devel-0.9.36-1.fc21.x86_64
$ rpm -qf /usr/share/gtk-doc/html
harfbuzz-devel-0.9.36-1.fc21.x86_64
$ rpm -qf /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/*
atk-devel-2.14.0-1.fc21.x86_64
cairo-devel-1.13.1-0.4.git337ab1f.fc21.x86_64
dbus-glib-devel-0.100.2-4.fc21.x86_64
gdk-pixbuf2-devel-2.31.1-1.fc21.x86_64
gstreamer1-plugins-good-1.4.4-1.fc21.x86_64
harfbuzz-devel-0.9.36-1.fc21.x86_64
at-spi2-core-devel-2.14.1-1.fc21.x86_64
libglade2-devel-2.6.4-12.fc21.x86_64
libnotify-devel-0.7.6-4.fc21.x86_64