[Fedora-packaging] Unclear license

Johan Swensson kupo at kupo.se
Wed Jan 15 06:30:34 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm looking into packaging a software that provides a LICENSE file which
only contains this:

"Everyone is permitted to do anything on this program including copying,
modifying, and improving, unless you try to pretend that you wrote it.
i.e., the above copyright notice has to appear in all copies.
THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE."

I'm trying to get upstream to clarify but in the meantime I throw out a
question here as well.
Is this a proper license we can use in Fedora? If so which license would
I put in the License: field?