[Fedora-packaging] Packaging a web app that bundles a lot of stuff (OctoPrint)

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 01:06:51 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 12:58 AM, T.C. Hollingsworth
<tchollingsworth at gmail.com> wrote:
> nodejs-underscore now ships a pure-JS js-underscore subpackage fully
> compliant to the new guidelines.  (Mostly thanks to Jamie Nguyen, the
> maintainer, who already took care of the compilation/minification
> process, all I had to do was ship the subpackage. :-)
>
> Fixed in nodejs-underscore-15.1-2 for all current Fedora releases:
> Rawhide: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=492241
> F20: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/nodejs-underscore-1.5.1-2.fc20
> F19: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/nodejs-underscore-1.5.1-2.fc19

After discussing this with Tom Hughes, who maintains several nodejs
packages that depend on underscore, we decided not to go forward with
the F19 update.  Many of the packages in that release are
unfortunately just too far behind to accommodate the necessary bump to
underscore 1.5.

The F20 update should be all ready to go in the next updates-testing
push, however.  Thanks to Tom for taking care of his packages so we
could make that happen!

-T.C.