[Fedora-packaging] How to Remove a Subpackage

Scott Talbert swt at techie.net
Mon Mar 10 01:07:21 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a proper way to remove a subpackage?  I can
just stop building it in the spec, but are there other things that should
be done to remove it from the repositories?

More specific example: I maintain the packaging for a library which has
Perl bindings.  The Perl bindings are no longer being maintained upstream
as there do not appear to be any users.  Thus, I would like to remove the
Perl bindings subpackage.

Thanks,
Scott