[Fedora-packaging] kernel debug-info build

Khaled Ahmed khaled.gnu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 16:28:09 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am not sure if I am posting my question to the correct mailing list, please forgive me if it isn’t and guide me to the correct mailing list:

In my fedora box I can find the kernel debugging symbols located at /usr/lib/debug/lib/modules/3.11.10-301.fc20.x86_64

My question:

How to generate this information for my custom build kernel to be used in probing it using SystemTap? I know about the option “CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO” in my .config file but I can’t see its influence after the build, I am expecting to see the “.debug” files somewhere.

Again sorry for the inconvenience if this isn’t the place to ask this question and thanks in advance if it is :-)

Best Regards,
~Khaled Ahmed