[Fedora-packaging] repmgr

Martín Marqués martin at 2ndquadrant.com
Fri Mar 28 12:53:02 UTC 2014

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 1:34 AM, Martín Marqués
> <martin.marques at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The problem with my package I see now is that it's based on PGDG
>> directory structure, so binaries go to /usr/pgsql-x.y/bin.
>
> Please read the building instruction carefully.
>
> It prefers in source building but you still can build on RPM based systems:
>
> https://github.com/2ndQuadrant/repmgr/blob/master/README.rst#notes-on-redhat-linux-fedora-and-centos-builds

I'm aware of that, but those notes have to be updated (will do
shortly) and as you can see they are based on building repmgr against
PDGD installation of postgres (those send the binary files to
/usr/pgsql-x.y/bin).

In this case, repmgr has to be built against the version that comes
with Fedora. Also, if you check how the repmgr rpm from yumpgdg is
built, you'll see that binary files follow the same structure that
PGDG postgres binary does. Right now, I'm using that structure, which
has to be changed before submitting

Cheers,

--
Martín Marqués http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/