[Fedora-packaging] Merging 2 packages

Scott Talbert swt at techie.net
Sat Apr 4 20:59:08 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have two packages that I maintain that both use the same upstream
tarball.  I'm not sure about the history behind why this was setup this
way, but I assume it was so that one could be updated without having to
update the other.  This happens so rarely that I don't think it is really
worth the effort of maintaining two separate packages (and dealing with
buildroot overrides, submitting synchronized updates, etc.)  Thus, I am
thinking about merging them.  Is this really just as simple as having spec
A build spec B's packages and then retire source package B?

Thanks,
Scott