[Fedora-packaging] github URLs?

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Sat Apr 18 22:11:59 UTC 2015

On Sáb, 2015-04-18 at 13:28 -0700, Dave Johansen wrote:
> What's the right way to handle github URLs? Currently, I'm working on
> the spec file for breathe and the URL is
> https://github.com/michaeljones/breathe/archive/v4.0.0.tar.gz and the
> actual file that's downloaded is breathe-4.0.0.tar.gz. How do I make
> that play nice in the spec file and with rpmlint?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

from
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/packaging/2014-September/010287.html

you got a webservice that redirects url correctly, for example on
pngquant:

-Source0:
https://github.com/pornel/%{name}/archive/%{name}-%{version}.tar.gz

+Source0:
http://github.srcurl.net/pornel/%{name}/%{version}/%{name}-%{version}.tar.gz

but just work for releases of github and not for tags of guthub , at
least don't found a way to work on tags ... . So I use  srcurl.net for
review package and remove it after (because doesn't worked on tags )

Best regards ,
--
Sérgio M. B.