[Fedora-packaging] qt-examples, libqxt-devel - Need exceptions?

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Mon Apr 20 21:47:06 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 1:51 PM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Just as a side-note, it's a faulty query. You need to query src.rpm
> repositories if you want to examine BuildRequires.
>
> If you don't want to do that, examine dependencies on libqxt to get
> a first overview. Those likely are the result of a build dependency:
>
> # repoquery --whatrequires libqxt
>
> Here's a repoquery for BuildRequires:
>
> # repoquery --archlist=src --whatrequires libqxt-devel
> --enablerepo=fedora-source

Michael, thanks for the correction.  Had enabled src in the repo file for
fedora and was using the command in conjunction dnf.  dnf doesn't like the
--archlist.  Now I know.

That said, qt-examples still shows up with zero hits... and it doesn't have
"lib" in the name, so I am think that "bundled libraries" does not apply
here.  Regarding libqxt, the recommendation from upstream I put above.