[Fedora-packaging] Is it time to allow Chromium in Fedora?

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Wed Aug 12 18:40:36 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 11:27 AM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think you and many others are asking the wrong questions or have and
> ignored the answers. Why are not other browsers available? is not the
> question but why are people not working on other browsers? Who are the
> people who are working on getting Chromium packaged? Who are the
> people inside of Fedora who are willing and able to work on the
> package to deal with various bugs?

No, that's not the point.  The point is to gauge interest within the
community.  You can
get Chromium from Russian Fedora and from Tom's copr.  If there is
sufficient interest
I'm sure people will step forward to assist.  I definitely would.  The
amount of effort
to proceed through the FPC process is not trivial.  If people aren't
interested, then I
personally wouldn't want to go through the effort.