[Fedora-packaging] Summary/Minutes from today's FPC Meeting (2015-02-12 17:00 - 19:15 UTC)

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 12 19:39:09 UTC 2015

======================
#fedora-meeting-2: fpc
======================

Meeting started by geppetto at 17:05:02 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2015-02-12/fpc.2015-02-12-17.05.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll Call  (geppetto, 17:05:21)

* #126  bundling exception for scintilla  (geppetto, 17:07:14)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/126   (geppetto, 17:07:18)
  * LINK: http://mmaslano.fedorapeople.org/review/perl-Wx-Scintilla.spec
    -> 404  (orionp, 17:19:23)
  * ACTION: tibbs try to find what's bundling scintilla, and try to do a
    rundown of what would need an exception.  (geppetto, 17:19:26)

* #202  Application for exemption from "No bundling" rule: Gargoyle
  (geppetto, 17:19:54)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/202   (geppetto, 17:19:59)
  * ACTION: Still no, close and reopen if someone wants to start afresh
    (geppetto, 17:26:45)

* #221  Bundling exception request: numptyphysics and Box2D  (geppetto,
  17:26:55)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/221   (geppetto, 17:26:59)
  * ACTION: postpone until limburgher is at the meeting.  (geppetto,
    17:28:09)

* #235  exception for bundling a library into uif2iso package
  (geppetto, 17:28:19)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/235   (geppetto, 17:28:23)
  * ACTION: Just close this out, open a new ticket if someone wants to
    start afresh  (geppetto, 17:32:26)

* #338  %doc and %_pkgdocdir duplicate files and cause conflicts
  (geppetto, 17:32:45)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/338   (geppetto, 17:32:49)
  * ACTION: tibbs Restate the proposal as a policy change, so we can
    vote on it  (geppetto, 17:38:36)

* #346  Bundling exception request for Eclipse Sisu  (geppetto,
  17:38:56)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/346   (geppetto, 17:39:02)
  * ACTION: No bundling, do the automatic re-namespacing in sub-package
    fix.  (geppetto, 17:42:00)

* #381  Bundling exception for python-matplotlib fonts  (geppetto,
  17:42:11)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/381   (geppetto, 17:42:17)
  * ACTION: Everything going as planned, excellent. Can close.
    (geppetto, 17:47:01)

* #399  request for bundled library exception - clustal omega
  (geppetto, 17:47:11)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/399   (geppetto, 17:47:16)
  * ACTION: request for bundled library exception - clustal omega (+1:5,
    0:1, -1:0)  (geppetto, 18:02:06)

* #401  (reverse) bundling exception for stream-lib  (geppetto,
  18:02:25)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/401   (geppetto, 18:02:30)
  * ACTION: bundling/forking of cassandra bloom filters for stream-lib
    (+1:5, 0:1, -1:1)  (geppetto, 18:13:24)

* #426  Need policy and macros for binfmt.d file handling  (geppetto,
  18:13:35)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/426   (geppetto, 18:13:40)
  * ACTION: Seems to be obsolete by the new wording we have for
    binfmt_apply.  (geppetto, 18:29:49)

* #435  %py3dir not removed by rpmbuild --clean  (geppetto, 18:29:59)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/435   (geppetto, 18:30:04)
  * ACTION: Rathann Will prepare a draft we can vote on for next week
    (geppetto, 18:37:48)

* Open Floor  (geppetto, 18:38:00)
  * ACTION: Everyone should try to respond with some of their thoughts
    on the ring packages thread.  (geppetto, 19:11:31)

Meeting ended at 19:18:00 UTC.

Action Items
------------
[...]

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* Rathann
  * Rathann Will prepare a draft we can vote on for next week
* **UNASSIGNED**
[...]

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* geppetto (156)