[Fedora-packaging] Proposal: Remove BuildRequires: exceptions from the guidelines

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Tue Feb 17 10:57:13 UTC 2015

The draft is still a bit wordy IMO.

For example, I don't understand why is there mentioned
redhat-rpm-config, since most people have no idea what this package is
good for (you can more or less count me in this group as well ;).
Patching stuff etc, you don't need to care who provides the
functionality, since it is hidden behind RPM macros. Most of the
dependencies from the current exception list are pulled in via RPM anyway.

Also this sentence "but even then keep in mind that you should still
double check your BuildRequires: because your package may still rely on
the particular makeup of the build environment." is just beating a dead
horse.

Otherwise big +1 for this change.

Vít