[Fedora-packaging] Summary/Minutes from today's FPC Meeting (2015-02-19 17:00 - 18:45 UTC)

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 19 18:47:33 UTC 2015

======================
#fedora-meeting-1: fpc
======================

Meeting started by geppetto at 17:00:46 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2015-02-19/fpc.2015-02-19-17.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll Call  (geppetto, 17:00:46)

* Schedule  (geppetto, 17:04:19)
  * LINK:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/packaging/2015-February/010471.html
    (geppetto, 17:04:21)

* #492  Reverse weak dependencies  (geppetto, 17:04:37)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/492   (geppetto, 17:04:43)
  * ACTION: Create a real policy in the ticket, probably as a new page
    that is linked to, using the information provided by the dnf
    maintainer. Include examples for packagers, and how to change the
    dnf settings.  (geppetto, 17:21:33)
  * ACTION: Also include "normal" weak deps., so we can at least make
    sure they both line up correctly. Although we'll probably vote on
    them separately.  (geppetto, 17:22:25)

* #493  Bundling exception: python-execnet bundles python-apipkg
  (geppetto, 17:23:12)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/493   (geppetto, 17:23:35)
  * ACTION: apipkg is in rawhide, check back if you need anything else.
    If we don't hear anything we'll close the ticket in a few weeks.
    (geppetto, 17:32:17)

* #495  Proposal: Package Guidelines: PreupgradeAssistant contents
  packages  (geppetto, 17:32:26)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/495   (geppetto, 17:32:30)
  * ACTION: PreupgradeAssistant contents packages (+1:6, 0:0, -1:0)
    (geppetto, 17:57:49)
  * LINK: https://github.com/phracek/preupgrade-assistant   (tibbs|w,
    17:57:55)

* #497  Clean up BuildRequires section; don't try to define the minimal
  build env  (geppetto, 18:01:03)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/497   (geppetto, 18:01:09)
  * ACTION: tibbs Tweak email with feedback and post again, will look at
    voting on something next week.  (geppetto, 18:13:45)

* #498  Seeking guidance: Apps using default Python in Fedora vs. EPEL
  (geppetto, 18:14:02)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/498   (geppetto, 18:14:08)
  * LINK:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Tomspur/Unversioned_Python_Macros#Bytecompiling_with_the_correct_python_version
    (tibbs|w, 18:26:51)
  * ACTION: Apps using default Python in Fedora vs. EPEL (+1:6, 0:0,
    -1:0)  (geppetto, 18:28:12)

* Open Floor  (geppetto, 18:28:35)
  * LINK:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/packaging/2015-February/010471.html
    … we've got 7 anchient tickets  (geppetto, 18:29:52)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/221   (tibbs|w, 18:30:36)

* #221  Bundling exception request: numptyphysics and Box2D  (geppetto,
  18:31:02)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/221   (geppetto, 18:31:10)
  * ACTION: retiring package, so doesn't matter.  (geppetto, 18:33:54)

* Open Floor  (geppetto, 18:34:44)

Meeting ended at 18:45:42 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* Create a real policy in the ticket, probably as a new page that is
  linked to, using the information provided by the dnf maintainer.
  Include examples for packagers, and how to change the dnf settings.
* Also include "normal" weak deps., so we can at least make sure they
  both line up correctly. Although we'll probably vote on them
  separately.
* apipkg is in rawhide, check back if you need anything else. If we
  don't hear anything we'll close the ticket in a few weeks.
* PreupgradeAssistant contents packages (+1:6, 0:0, -1:0)
* tibbs Tweak email with feedback and post again, will look at voting on
  something next week.
* Apps using default Python in Fedora vs. EPEL (+1:6, 0:0, -1:0)
* retiring package, so doesn't matter.

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * Create a real policy in the ticket, probably as a new page that is
    linked to, using the information provided by the dnf maintainer.
    Include examples for packagers, and how to change the dnf settings.
  * Also include "normal" weak deps., so we can at least make sure they
    both line up correctly. Although we'll probably vote on them
    separately.
  * apipkg is in rawhide, check back if you need anything else. If we
    don't hear anything we'll close the ticket in a few weeks.
  * PreupgradeAssistant contents packages (+1:6, 0:0, -1:0)
  * tibbs Tweak email with feedback and post again, will look at voting
    on something next week.
  * Apps using default Python in Fedora vs. EPEL (+1:6, 0:0, -1:0)
  * retiring package, so doesn't matter.

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* geppetto (121)