[Fedora-packaging] [Guidelines change] Changes to the packaging guidelines

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Jul 10 15:32:35 UTC 2015

VO> So we don't trust Fedora contributors anymore? Will we now replace
VO> every "use your best judgment" clause in guidelines by "Ask FPC for
VO> approval"?

In general I prefer to start with "use your judgment" and move on to
more formality only if there are issues.  Only in the case where getting
things wrong would cause big problems would I want to start with
something as strict as going to FPC for approval.

I see potential issues with Supplements: as more of a social issue
anyway.  I don't even think FPC would be well-placed to evaluate many of
the situations where it would occur.

 - J<