[Fedora-packaging] Darktable and Rawspeed

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Fri Jul 10 15:56:36 UTC 2015

Hi,
On Sex, 2015-07-10 at 12:48 +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday, 10 July 2015 at 09:35, Germano Massullo wrote:
> > Hi, I am Caterpillar, yesterday we were speaking about Darktable and
> > Rawspeed on Freenode.
> > I have a question: if Darktable's Rawspeed fork will be accepted to be
> > included in Fedora's repos, would it be possible to call it
> > "darktable-rawspeed" to distinguish and divide it from upstream Rawspeed?
>
> Well, ideally there should be just one canonical version of Rawspeed and
> it should come from the canonical upstream. Using a fork is allowed if
> original upstream is dead or unresponsive to bug reports, if it's
> compatible and if other projects have switched to it as well.

FYI rawstudio bundles rawspeed , because rawspeed isn't available on
Fedora , but upstream of rawspeed is not dead [1]
One of my goals was update rawspeed [2] on rawstudio , maybe the best
was packaging rawspeed or a fork I don't know . I can help on a package
review ...

[1] https://github.com/klauspost/rawspeed
[2] https://github.com/rawstudio/rawstudio/issues/5

> I have provided some comments in your issue report on rawspeed's github:
> https://github.com/klauspost/rawspeed/issues/109
>
> Could you please do the same in your report on darktable's redmine? I
> don't have an account there.
> http://redmine.darktable.org/issues/10582
>
> Regards,
> Dominik