[Fedora-packaging] Darktable and Rawspeed

Germano Massullo germano.massullo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 08:42:12 UTC 2015

Il 12/07/2015 01:20, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski ha scritto:
> On Saturday, 11 July 2015 at 18:25, Germano Massullo wrote:
>> Reply from Pascal, one of the Darktable upstream developers
>> http://redmine.darktable.org/issues/10582#note-5
> Thanks. What I don't understand is why they're so opposed to the shared
> library idea. Why is camera support application-specific?
For all other readers: answer has been posted here just a few hours ago
https://github.com/klauspost/rawspeed/issues/109#issuecomment-120668893

Dominik, your statement in github comment:
<<a temporary (let's say 2 Fedora releases ~= 1 year) bundling exception
could get a majority vote in favour. The issue would be revisited in 1
year and we would see where the three projects stand.>>

does it mean:
- Fedora Packaging Committee will consider again the question next year
and meanwhile the main mantainer and I have to stop releasing further
Darktable updates;
or
- did you simply wanted to tell Darktable and Rawspeed developers that
every year the Fedora Packaging Committee has to verify again if there
are the conditions for an exception

?