[Fedora-packaging] Darktable and Rawspeed

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Sun Jul 12 22:06:31 UTC 2015

Hi, Germano.

On Sunday, 12 July 2015 at 10:42, Germano Massullo wrote:
> Il 12/07/2015 01:20, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski ha scritto:
> > On Saturday, 11 July 2015 at 18:25, Germano Massullo wrote:
> >> Reply from Pascal, one of the Darktable upstream developers
> >> http://redmine.darktable.org/issues/10582#note-5
> > Thanks. What I don't understand is why they're so opposed to the shared
> > library idea. Why is camera support application-specific?
> For all other readers: answer has been posted here just a few hours ago
> https://github.com/klauspost/rawspeed/issues/109#issuecomment-120668893
>
> Dominik, your statement in github comment:
> <<a temporary (let's say 2 Fedora releases ~= 1 year) bundling exception
> could get a majority vote in favour. The issue would be revisited in 1
> year and we would see where the three projects stand.>>
>
> does it mean:
> - Fedora Packaging Committee will consider again the question next year
> and meanwhile the main mantainer and I have to stop releasing further
> Darktable updates;
> or
> - did you simply wanted to tell Darktable and Rawspeed developers that
> every year the Fedora Packaging Committee has to verify again if there
> are the conditions for an exception
>
> ?

Neither. It means that I'll bring up the issue during the next meeting
and ask the other FPC members to reconsider the bundling exception, given
that two out of three upstreams are receptive to the idea of making rawspeed
a shared library. I'll recommend a two-release temporary exception.

Could somebody contact rawstudio upstream about this as well?

Regards,
Dominik
RPMFusion http://rpmfusion.org
"Faith manages."