[Fedora-packaging] packaging rawspeed Re: Darktable and Rawspeed

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Mon Jul 13 23:35:55 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Monday, 13 July 2015 at 20:17, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Seg, 2015-07-13 at 18:32 +0100, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> > > The answer is hereunder
> > Hi,
> > Sorry for my bad English , I already ask that in upstream
> > https://github.com/rawstudio/rawstudio/issues/5
> >
> > But what I'm trying to point out is to use rawspeed as external lib , we
> > need pack rawspeed first , so let do that first . Where is rawspeed
> > package ?
>
> https://github.com/rawstudio/rawstudio/blob/master/plugins/load-rawspeed/Makefile.am
> https://github.com/klauspost/rawspeed#getting-source-code
> https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/blob/master/src/external/rawspeed/CMakeLists.txt
>
> Are any one working on packaging rawspeed ? it is not in my priorities
> (packaging rawspeed) right now ...

darktable upstream says [1] it makes no sense, because new/fixed camera
support needs changes in both the rawspeed library and any application
that uses it. They do see value in abstracting all that logic into a shared
library, but that's not a priority for them at the moment. Since rawstudio
is using a different version of rawspeed, you'd have to package two
different parallel installable versions. That seems like a waste of
time and effort, which would be better spent helping both upstreams move
the required code into rawspeed library.

[1] https://github.com/klauspost/rawspeed/issues/109#issuecomment-120669126

Regards,
Dominik
RPMFusion http://rpmfusion.org