[Fedora-packaging] Documentation packages and explicit Requires

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Jul 24 01:01:34 UTC 2015

VS> And while on the subject of documentation packages but unrelated to
VS> the deps issue, standardizing naming on -doc would be nice, the
VS> former is more common and used by other distros.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Documentation

"
Or if there's a lot of documentation, consider putting it into a
subpackage. In this case, it is recommended to use *-doc as the
subpackage name.
"

That could be strengthened, I suppose, though I imagine if someone
ignores the recommendation now they'd probably ignore the requirement in
the future.

It would also be easy to make rpmlint or fedora-review (or both)
complain about it.

 - J<