[Fedora-packaging] Second opinion needed on location of static arch independent data

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 00:41:49 UTC 2015

On 26 July 2015 at 01:07, Jonathan Underwood
<jonathan.underwood at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> As it goes, setuptools has ability to specify location of data files, see:
>
> http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools#including-data-files

Discussing this with upstream here:

https://github.com/mkdocs/mkdocs/issues/697

it seems this whole issue is an unfortunate side-effect of mkdocs
reliance on entry points and that setuptools breaks the distutils
expectations of where data files are installed. The net result seems
to be that without re-engineering the whole python packaging stack
we're stuck with this situation. So, although it pains me greatly to
see such filesystem abuse, I think I am minded to say that this
shouldn't block mkdocs approval.