[Fedora-packaging] How packaging desktop integration and service menus ?

John Dodson johnd at physiol.usyd.edu.au
Wed Jun 10 01:15:38 UTC 2015

Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com> wrote:
>> <SNIP>
>> How I should package this ?
>
>Today finally I found the topic of "Desktop files" in section 1.36 of
>Packaging:Guidelines  [1]
>
>I think desktop files deserve a page like others ( Packaging:Systemd or
>ackaging:AppData  ) also we already got one draft page [2] and we should
>add something about desktop integration, when upstream know what is
>doing, like k3b [3], we got files in write place :

Is there any chance we can also have a document on packaging symlinks?
There are just so many packages that create symlinks they don't own which are
often broken?

A simple rule should be that a symlink must be owned by the package that owns
the target.

Cheers

johnd

John Dodson | Bosch Research Engineering & Computing Facility Manager,
            | Network Manager Medical Sciences, Electrical/Electronics/Control
            | Telecommunications Engineer Physiology/School of Medical Sciences

The University of Sydney
Rm N252,Anderson Stuart Building (F13) Eastern Avenue,
The University of Sydney|NSW|2006|Australia.
T +61 2 9351 5246 | F +61 2 9351 2058 | M +61 4 1459 7557
E johnd at physiol.usyd.edu.au | W http://www.physiol.usyd.edu.au/johnd
ABN:15 211 513 464 CRICOS Number: 00026A

	I'd rather be on OTI... http://www.bio.usyd.edu.au/OTI
	https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/One+Tree+Island,+Queensland/@-23.5666571,152.0677812,16866m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x6be8f7e9c43efc07:0x366affbec813622c