[Fedora-packaging] Doubt about the name for a package mkdocs

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 12 16:39:50 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 10:15:58AM -0600, William Moreno wrote:
> I am packaging only one version build with phyton 3 and naming it mkdocs,
> but I am not sure it is better to name this docs as python3-mkdocs and
> build python-mkdocs also.

As I understand the guidelines, the python-prefix convention applies to
_python modules_ — libraries intended to be imported by other
applications. If this is, instead, an application which just happens to
be written in Python, the prefix doesn't make any sense to me.

> Really I not sure how to proceed in this case, but I think if it would be good
> to have both versions available for booth Python releases and provide by
> default the version for Python 3 when a user install mkdocs with dnf.

What would be the advantage of having two versions?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>