[Fedora-packaging] Packages without a dist tag

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Jun 16 23:15:52 UTC 2015

BW> Some of those were large data sets for games. The idea was that when
BW> doing an upgrade between releases you could save downloading a large
BW> amount of data when there wasn't really a change.

Back then we could hardlink the same package into multiple repositories
if it didn't change.  Since we started signing each release with its own
key back in the F8 era, this stopped being useful.

Dist tags should be added to everything except a very small set of
exceptions.  Seems to be a good job for some provenpackagers.  I doubt
it's worth filing bugs for these when it would just be quicker to fix
them.  If I had time today I'd just do them all, but ugh, FPC work and
my package reviews have to come first.

 - J<