[Fedora-packaging] Packages without a dist tag

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 10:24:18 UTC 2015

On 06/22/2015 12:08 PM, Kamil Paral wrote:
> The existing use case for using the build target is that packages will be able to define rule whitelists for certain checks (rpmlint, abipkgdiff) and store them in distgit. In order to download the correct whitelist, we need to know which distgit branch to check out. And that corresponds to the build target of the package (you don't even need to ship the package in fxx-updates(-testing), we want to check it right after it is built in Koji).

Getting the whitelist from git seems difficult and error prone. Maybe it
would be simpler to put it in the SRPM instead? That way, you would only
have to unpack the matching SRPM and wouldn't have to access the git
repo at all.

Adding the whitelist file as a SourceXX would make sure it's included
in the SRPM.

--
Kalev