[Fedora-packaging] github URLs?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Jun 23 15:21:50 UTC 2015

RC> AFAIK, this is NOT immutable (upstream can delete/update tag) so not
RC> valid.

It's true that with raw git at least, upstream can delete or move the
tag, but this is one of those operations you really should not do with
git (because it screws everyone who might have pulled your repo) and for
all I know github may disallow it.

The incidence of github upstreams moving tags is probably less than
regular upstreams modifying tarballs and keeping the same name.  Our
system already handles this kind of thing, and I don't see it is a
problem.

 - J<