[Fedora-packaging] Github URL clarification

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Tue Jun 23 23:46:15 UTC 2015

Michael,

My belief is that if someone uses the "Release" mechanism, that is covered
by
the sentence which states:
"If the upstream *does* create tarballs you should use them as tarballs
provide an easier trail for people auditing the packages."
By creating the tag, upstream has clearly indicated their intent;  who are
we to second-guess them?
The commit hash part comes into play when a Revision or Tag has not been
created.

I also added some verbiage to my draft which discusses your point about the
different naming conventions that
you have observed.