[Fedora-packaging] github URLs?

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Thu Jun 25 06:37:37 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 10:05 PM, Remi Collet <Fedora at famillecollet.com>
wrote:

> When upstream provides a tarball (usually because they run "make dist"
> to provide a usable archive), if they regenerate this tarball and
> reupload it, the checksum will change.

The existing guideline covers that and considers it compliant, so it
doesn't matter.  However,
I've found that statement doesn't apply anyway in the situation when you
use either commit hash or Git tag.
I thought I had deleted that checksum error reference, but I forgot.
Thanks for pointing it out
to remind me to delete it.  The checksum matches, I've tested it out myself
using fedora-review.

You can read about it here:  http://git-scm.com/docs/git-archive