[Fedora-packaging] DRAFT: SourceURL addition/clarification - Git Hosting Services

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Jun 26 16:37:46 UTC 2015

On 06/26/2015 11:18 AM, Remi Collet wrote:
> And because upstream archive often are a mess,
> e.g.http://news.php.net/php.pecl.dev/13044

This is no different than upstream releasing tarballs to an FTP or HTTP directory
with the same version yet different contents. Are you suggesting we switch every
Fedora package to use a SCM commit ID instead of a release tarball? This is what I
see you suggesting.

Banning the use of a legitimate form of release tarball generation because of a
handful of offenders is hardly logical.