[Fedora-packaging] DRAFT: SourceURL addition/clarification - Git Hosting Services

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Fri Jun 26 16:50:03 UTC 2015

Le 26/06/2015 18:33, Gerald B. Cox a écrit :
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 9:18 AM, Remi Collet <Fedora at famillecollet.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This is exactly what I named "last solution".
>>
>> Your proposal switch the Guidelines from
>>         "must use hash commit"
>>
>> to      "could use hash commit if no other solution exists,
>>         but really you should try something else before"
>>

> First of all, the current guidelines do not say that you must use commit
> hash,

Sorry, but we probably don't read the same Guidelines.

> my text doesn't at all say what you're implying.  You're reading in
> something that simply isn't there.

Sorry, but this is exactly how I read your proposal.

> It would be helpful if you could answer the questions I previously asked.
> Here
> they are again:
>
> Why are you so concerned about the use of Git Tags?

Immutability

End of discussion for me.
Feel free to play with breaking things which are not broken.

Remi.