[Fedora-packaging] DRAFT: SourceURL addition/clarification - Git Hosting Services

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Fri Jun 26 17:17:37 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com> wrote:

> I'd like ask other thing, I'd like for split the examples. I'd like one
> section just for github, I think it deserves and one section just for
> bitbucket.org
>
> if you think that is relevant and at last one section to
> generic git hosting services .

I thought of that, but I was trying to keep things short and concise and
didn't want to duplicate
the same text over and over again.   All the Git commands I use in the
examples are the same
among the online services (they all use Git).  The difference relates to to
the construction of the
download string.  I included the two most popular services as the example.